The weather was great this weekend. On Saturday Tom and I headed out to Wal-mart to buy a new kiddie pool for this kids. We think that the one from last year was taken to the lake. We looked all over for it before finally deciding to break down and buy a new one. While we were there, I wanted to get some boats and play things for the kids. I talked Tom out of getting one of those pools with a slide, so I felt bad. I wanted them to have something to play with. Do you know how hard it is to find boats for a pool?
After spending twenty minutes looking at all the different kinds of pools, we then tried to find a couple of boats for Maggie and Lucius. The only one's that we found were included in a bag of sand toys. And of course, we couldn't just buy one bag...that would start world war III if we came home with only one boat. So we had to spend $10 on two small plastic boats. That's what happens when you don't take the time to shop around at other stores first. We have such a problem with needing instant gratification.
After spending twenty minutes looking at all the different kinds of pools, we then tried to find a couple of boats for Maggie and Lucius. The only one's that we found were included in a bag of sand toys. And of course, we couldn't just buy one bag...that would start world war III if we came home with only one boat. So we had to spend $10 on two small plastic boats. That's what happens when you don't take the time to shop around at other stores first. We have such a problem with needing instant gratification.
Sunday was soccer day. Lucius is actually doing pretty well for his first year. This week there were only four kids on his team there. So they pretty much all stayed out on the field the entire time. We have the youngest team! Three three year-olds and a two & 1/2 year old. None of them have long attention spans!!! So they were constantly running over to the side lines to sit with their parents.
Lucius scored a goal in each of the games that our team played. I was so proud. Of course the camera was shut off and I didn't get any film. I guess next week I will have to bring the video camera instead of my regular camera.
Maggie is VERY ready to get out there with Lucius to play soccer. I let her get out of her stroller during the break between games. She chased Lucius around the field and tried to kick the soccer ball too!! I'm not who is more excited about soccer, Maggie or her Daddy! He can't wait to be able to coach her as well.
Tomorrow is weigh in day....so we will see how well I have done over the past week. I've gotten out and walked almost everyday. My meals have been decent...with only a couple of slips. The major thing is that I have cut back drastically on my soft drink intake. This is usually the easiest and quickest way that I lose weight at the beginning of my 'diet'. I'll check in with you about that tomorrow, and also have pictures of Abbie Grace in her newest baby toy!! I broke down today and bought a sling to carry her in! It's just too cute.
2 comments:
sweetness!!! i wanna see the sling! i have 2 that cate maybe used a couple times each.
I want to see the sling, too! Those are too cute, but I never had one. I had a baby bjorn, but rarely used it because my kids were 20 pounds before they were 6 months old- BOTH of them.
And I love the pool and the quest for good toys. At least you didn't wait until right before hte 4th. I did that last year and ended up with some ghetto pool accessories!
Post a Comment